I’ve joined this challenge with the hopes of reading some of the books I’ve been slacking off on. It is hosted by Callapidder Days and there is still plenty of time to sign up if you’re so inclined. The challenge runs from September 22, 2009-December 21, 2009. Here are the rules:
- Create a list of some books you’d like to read or finish this fall. This is the only real requirement for participating in the challenge.
- Feel free to set some additional reading goals (such as reading to your kids two hours per week, getting through your pile of magazines, etc.). However, this is not required; setting additional goals is completely optional.
- Write a blog post that includes the list of books you want to read (and any additional goals you’ve set), and get ready to post it on your blog on September 22nd.
- Visit Callapidder Days on September 22nd to sign up for the challenge. I’ll have an official launch post up that morning, complete with an area for you to submit a link to your personal Fall Into Reading post, where it will be added to the master list of participants.
- Read! Work on your goals throughout Fall 2009.
- Report your results. Write another blog post in December to let everyone know how you did. (I’ll post an official wrap-up to the challenge on December 21st, where you’ll be able to share your results.)
- Have fun! Visit other participants to see what they’re reading. Write reviews if you’re so inclined. But most of all, enjoy your fall reading!
Here is my list for this challenge:
Foxfire, Joyce Carol Oates
Black Girl, White Girl, Joyce Carol Oates
A Good Man is Hard to Find and Other Stories Stories, Flannery O’Connor
The Loved One, Evelyn Waugh
Far From the Madding Crowd, Thomas Hardy
So, what is everyone else reading for this challenge?