5th and Final Update, 10:56pm EST***
Mid Event Survey
1. What are you reading right now? Hooked, by Catherine Greenman
2. How many books have you read so far? I am midway through my third book.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? This one may be my last. I will have to see how long it takes me to finish it.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I actually requested the day off of work! My husband took my stepdaughter over to his parent’s house all afternoon to give me some peace and quiet.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I had three breaks that I had to take. Two were to swing by my cousin’s place and feed her cats and the other was to go speak with my old boss to get my seasonal job back. That was successful, so worth it, even though it ate up a good chunk of time.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I usually do some unofficial cheerleading but that hasn’t happened this time around. I have been reading instead!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope, it has always been a ton of fun and it seems to run smoothly, at least from my vantage point!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Nothing. I may not have gotten as much reading done as in readathons past, but I think that I have gotten a good amount of reading done and I’m not feeling burnt out.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Nope. I’m on my third cup of coffee though. I will probably stay up another two hours.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Just don’t over do it. It can take the fun out of it and make reading feel like more of a chore.
Update #4, 7:01pm EST***
Update #3, 3:53pm EST***
I have about 30 pages left of The Days of Abandonment, by Elena Ferrante. It was time to take a break though, both because I was getting restless and also because I have an errand that I have to run. I doubt it will be more than an hour before I am back to my reading though. I have no idea what my next book will be but I think after the heaviness of my current book, I may need a lighter read. I hope everyone else is having as much fun as I am!
Update #2, 12:52pm EST***
Update #1, 10:55am EST***
My alarm failed to go off this morning but my husband graciously woke me at around 8:45. So I am only a tad late to the party. I have my coffee in hand (my first of many I am guessing!) and I am ready to go!
1)Where are you reading from today? Columbus, Ohio
2)Three random facts about me… I am the oldest of four girls. I wake up in the middle of the night to eat sometimes. I am a foot shorter than my husband (I’m 5’5″, he’s 6’5″!)
3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 8 plus my kindle.
4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? Nope. Just to have fun! Although I do hope to finish at least 3 books.
5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? Take breaks. It is easy to get burnt out, so if you start getting restless, do something else for awhile.