I’m a little late with my TSS today. My husband and I just got back from a relaxing weekend at my parent’s lakehouse. I had planned to spend a lot of time reading but I spent more time sleeping and hanging out with my family. I did manage to finish The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, by Stieg Larsson. I am distraught that it is the last in the trilogy. I left it at my lakehouse for my dad and sister to fight over because they were both begging me to borrow it and neither one was backin down. I then started Waiting for Columbus, by Thomas Trofimuk. I decided to read it after reading softdrink’s review and hopefully I finish it tomorrow so I can return it to the library because it’s almost a week overdue.
Now I know I can’t be the only one missing out on BEA. Unfortunately I had too much going on to consider a trip to New York . I keep telling myself that getting married was worth it! J But I plan to still enjoy BEA regardless of not going. First off I will be following the Armchair BEA Central blog. It will be featuring different topics throughout BEA so check in there to join in on the fun. Secondly, I am going to invest in a little retail therapy to console myself. My husband may not agree with my plan, but I am going to go and splurge on some books a la No BEA, Books Anyway, which was a book buying binge during last year’s BEA for those bloggers that couldn’t make it. I plan on going to my local Half Price Books as well as a local indie bookstore. The good news is that I won’t have to worry about cramming them all into my suitcase! (Are those of you going to BEA taking an extra suitcase?!)
Also, there is a twitter party going on for those of us missing out! Here are the deets:
- Thursday, May 27 from 8-10 PM Eastern Time
- Hashtag: #ArmchairBEA
- Chat topics to include the galley we most wanted to pick up at BEA, bloggers we’d most like to meet, authors we’d most like to meet, and panels we’d like to hear at BEA (if we were there, that is!)
- Prizes will be grouped into swag bags including these goodies:
- Shadow Hills buttons and bookmarks (signed)
- Farworld by J. Scott Savage posters (signed)
- Mistwood bookmarks (some signed, some not, I have about 50)
- Shade bookmarks (signed)
- Whisper bookmarks (signed)
- Wings bracelet and button
- Claire De Lune postcards
- Body Finder SWAG (signed)
- The Dark Divine bookmarks
- Twitter partygoers who want to be eligible to win prizes need to be following our party hostess, Emily of Emily’s Reading Room, on Twitter at @emsreadingroom.
Like I said, I hope to finish my current book by tomorrow but who knows if that will happen because I have a lot of stuff to do. Happy Sunday everyone!