1. Which hour was most daunting to you? It was 11pm here when I fell asleep. Was that hour 14? 15? I just could not do it anymore!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Finding a fast paced YA novel always works well for me.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? My only suggestion would be to try to pump readers up prior to the read-a-thon.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? As always, just the sense of community! The cheerleaders were great!
5. How many books did you read? I finished one book that I had already started, then I read three more books, then I read 1/2 of Wintergirls. Maybe I will finish it today!
6. What were the names of the books you read? Assholes Finish First, Tucker Max, If I Stay, Gayle Forman, Bad Marie, Marcy Dermansky, Gray Horses, Hope Larson, Wintergirls, Laurie Halse Anderson.
7. What book did you enjoy most? That is impossible to answer that. I loved all the books I read with the exception of Gray Horses.
8. Which did you enjoy least? Gray Horses, by Hope Larson.
9. If you were a cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s cheerleaders? I wasn’t a cheerleader, although I did spend ample time visiting other blogs.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Very :)
Total time spent reading: 8 hours and 30 minutes
Total pages read: 803
Total time spent blogging: 2 hours, 39 minutes
This was my second read-a-thon and I definitely participated a bit less this time around, but that was my plan. I didn’t want to go overboard–I just wanted to keep it fun. It isn’t fun for me to stay up all night. I’m lame that way, so when I was ready to go to bed, I went to bed!
I hope everyone enjoyed read-a-thon as much as I did. Enjoy your Sunday recovering!